Thursday, July 27, 2006

T-shirt ..

We watched a movie after leaving the hospital yesterday (the Pirate movie) during which I started ' itching '. I got home and noticed what appeared to be whelps at the ankles, knees and some on the high rear thighs (where my butt used to be about 8 months ago). I know the antibiotics mention rashes, etc. in the side effects literature, but I also did not rule out chigger bugs or something like that. No one else was itching so I figured it was the meds causing it. Early this morning about 2:30 am I woke up with the kind itching that makes you want to claw the skin to the bone - so I took a benedryl tab and went back to bed. I woke up so refreshed and full of energy. Could that be the benedryl? The itching was gone to. I even made up my bed and then closed it (the fold out couch bed) which surprised Robin.
My temp. is normal, thankyou Jesus. The big "D" - which rhymes with a small flightless bird is still present since the CT scan, so that I attribute to the antibiotics. I finish those in two days so I'll just hang on. I am getting some probiotics from the healthfood store today to help my good bacteria get a boost.
I just got a call from the Dr. we saw yesterday and we have an appt. lined up this coming Monday at 11:30 am to discuss the CT of the lung according o he nurse. I was a little confused since a radiologist has already previewed it and I was allowed to go home. This maybe related to him wanting to put me on prednisone for the cough/bronchial stuff. He said some of his other patients who are on Gemzar developed a cough exaclty like mine. It is a condition which I believe he called 'pneumotitis' which is a benign condition which goes away afterwards. So I will blog those results after we meet with him Monday.
The movie: Neat special effects, some weird looking creatures for sure, almost action overload for a 42 year old guy like me - plenty of action. And it will leave you wanting to see the next movie to find out what happens. That, I told the kids, is how Hollywood sucks you in with their stroy telling and then gets your money.
The T - shirt title? I told the family I am getting a T-shirt made which says " I ain't dead yet". That is what I finally concluded after I got my self together after the new 'inconclusive' findings - I ain't dead yet and until God himself calls me home, I am going to live the best way I know how.
We are washing clothes this morning and hopefully came get over to the museum of natural history so the kids can see some the exhibits. They have an incredible rock and gemstone part which blows your mind. Robin commented that she can now see how heaven can be full of jewels and other precious stones. This place is loaded full of them and it is just a museum. They also have several different I IMAX shows.

I will blog again later tonight. Thankyou for your prayers. GW.

5 comments:

Carole Turner said...

I love the shirt idea! I always tell friends that are going through hard times, "aint nobody dead yet, there is always hope!" I really do believe that. Heck, we should all live like we were dieing.

Sonja said...

Sing George, Sing!!!! Sing like never before, sing praises to the King, our "daddy" who loves you!!!

Psalm 89 "The message"
Your love, God, is my song, and I'll sing it!!! I'm forever telling everyone how faithful You are. I'll never quit telling the story of your love-how you built the cosmos and guaranted everthing in it.
A long time ago you spoke in a vision, you spoke to your faithful beloved:
"I've crowned you a hero,
I chose the best I could find;
I found David(george), my servant, poured holy oil on his head, and I'll keep my had steadily on him, yes, I'll stick with him through thick and thin!
Do you think I'd withdraw my holy promise? or take back words I'd already spoken?
I've given my word, my whole and holy word; do you think I would lie to David? (George)

Speechless, broken hearted George in your latest news but...believing STILL in the midst!

Sonja

Anonymous said...

George,
Regarding the Pirate movie, was it rated RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?
Regarding the missing butt, where it BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB?
Regarding the itch, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOuch!
Regarding the benedryl, AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Regarding the appointment, PPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACE...
Regarding who we all love,
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»