Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New Baby ...

Congratulations to Russell and Margie on their new grandson born yesterday!!!
I remember the excitemement when our two were born - it's hard to believe they are now as old as they are. I can only imagine the time warp you feel when your kids are having kids.
Speaking of kids, our kids had a great 1st day of school. New things are happening, especially for the youngest going into 6th grade, he is having to go to different rooms for his classes vs. having one teacher teach everything. That is a big change since he will now have to manage his time in a different way.
I am going to page the Dr. today for results.
Looks like it is going to be a beautifully warm day.
Learned a new word, see if you can figure it out: Riparian. I read an article the other day and came across this word. It was aggrivating me until I could look it up. Hint, it was an agricultural magazine.
John 8:32 "And you shall
know the truth and the truth
shall make you free".
Show us the truth, Lord.
I will post some more later. Have a good and productive day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

riparian: latin=riparius/ripa=bank;
of, on or relating to the bank of a natural course of water.

Anonymous said...

Hey George

I wanted to share something about children and grandchildren. I never thought I would be so excited about having a grandbaby. Do you remember when your first child was born? You just couldn't wait for that special day when you went to the hosiptal? Just to hold this little one in your arms kiss it's cheek. Well imagine this. It is even worse as a grandparent. I cannot tell you how anixous I am for that special day. Let Robin know that if she does not go in before the 21st of August they will induce. I am counting down the days. Just thought I would share this with you. Have a great and wonderful day. Gayle

Anonymous said...

Hey George, keep in mind that after 2 months of tests and meetings, the doctors at MD sat daurie and me down and told us there was nothing they could do and that it was 100% that it would eventually kill me. That was June 2001. I honestly cannot tell you why i am still here and other great men and women of faith are not. i can tell you that i REFUSED to give into the anger, depression, deep sadness, etc. i certainly experienced it, but never gave into it. I BELIEVE that by His stripes he provided us healing in the supernatural, the same way His resurrection provided us salvation in the supernatural. In order to experience salvation though we must BELIEVE. My personal opinion is the same for our healing, although i am certainly no Bible scholar. But i trained myself daily to BELIEVE, by speaking god's word over my life, my body, my cancer, my children, my wife. Faith, comes by hearing the word of God, and even more so by hearing it out of your own mouth. I would constantly say, " i don't care what the doctors say, because YOUR WORD SAYS I WILL LIVE AND NOT DIE AND DECLARE YOUR WORKS OH GOD." in the end, i was always thinking," I SEE A FOURTH AND THIS ONE LOOKS LIKE THE SON OF MAN" George, do you really believe the miracles of the Bible? Do you really believe they were thrown into a fire and triumphed? I do. And if it becomes too hard to believe those old stories, call me. and ill tell you how i wept when the doctors told me 100% certain i would die. FIVE YEARS AGO. hang in there my friend. clint

Robin said...

Clint,

Thanks SOOO much for sharing your words of faith. God specifically gave me the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego last Wednedsay night in church. It was awesome because I knew that the Lord said He was the fourth man in the fire. I believe.

Robin