Wednesday, October 11, 2006


"This is the day the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."
Another reason to rejoice is it finally rained here in Central. The only problem was that it waited until I was all the way to the street – I was putting the garbage to the curb when it started coming down. 700 feet is a long trot especially when you are not used to it. I believe I am going to set a goal to compete in some form of a Triathlon once everything clears up. Goals are good for the soul – I just made that up. It gives you something to look forward – something to shoot for.
On the way to the street, I did get several shots with the camera of a rainbow in the western sky. I’ll try to put those up. Also, one of Kermit’s friends was on my living room window – on the outside of course – when I drew back the blinds this morning. It’s a tree from underbelly shot, looks unusual.
Proverbs 4:20-22 says, “My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let then depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all there flesh."
The reason the Word of God is so important when you are fighting a battle for you health is because in so many cases it’s the only hope you have. Give God’s Word first place in your heart because it is life and health to your body. (Quoted from Dodie Osteen’s book “Healed of Cancer” Chapter 2, pg 36-37). I read this yesterday, I am am re-reading her book.
I decided to take the medical route since I was operable and chemo because it was available and had a good statistical track record. Not to say that it did not take faith – to let some Doctor practically disembowel you, take out 25-30% of your pancreas and remove a few other parts, then hook everything back together – that took faith and it takes faith by me everyday to believe the new plumbing is going to continue to work. It takes faith to take the hand full of pills several times a day, too. Today is another gift – another opportunity to live life by faith no matter the situation, be it light or heavy. Some of us are dealing with health issues mental or physical or both. Some deal with their attitude in good ole’ BR traffic (never take Sherwood Forest between Florida Blvd and I-12 – it is a nightmare if you are trying to be on time) and some may have wayward children that are breaking the rules and their parents hearts. Take it all by faith to God. He tells us to. He knows our frame, that we are but dust.
Well, I need to go and get something done around the house. Like I’ve told Robin before, “Let’s get one thing straight, I run this house – I run the vacuum, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer not to mention the handle end of the mop”. She agreed with me with no back talk. I reckon I told her.
God Bless and go be a blessing – your are a light set on a hill.
George.

No comments: