Saturday, January 13, 2007

Funeral . . .

Jill's funeral was absolutely awesome! I know she would have been very pleased with the service. The worship was wonderful. The Pastor delivered a sermon like I have never heard at a funeral service. Life is a fragile gift from God - those words resonated with me. God was glorified in it all, and that would have been her wish. The brief graveside prayer and talk was surreal - almost like I was watching a dream. The Church fed all of the family & friends after this. I got to meet some more family. I got in my car and left, and life continues as it has for thousands of years. We remember, though, and are thankful for the life lived.
I got home to only to find out that 3 of the baby bunnies had somehow gotten out of the nest and were on the cage floor (not the ground). One of the three was in the cage next door? How he did that remains a mystery, but we surmised that the mother was nursing, jumped out of the nest box and three of the kits were still latched onto their respective ninnies. As a result, they were drug out of the box. Luckily, the cousins noticed this and put them back in the nest box.
Tonight the Hosanna Varsity girls and boys defeated Starky. Both games were 'nail biters', but we won. Needless to say, it was very loud.
This has been a very long and exhausting day. I plan on getting some sleep folks. Hope you have a great weekend. God bless. George.

No comments: