Monday, January 15, 2007

Howling winds . . .

It is going to be cold and wet. We’ve got all the four legged critters (and two legged) locked in and warm and the bunnies are all covered with 300 watts of warming lights under their cages to raise the temp a little. The kits can handle – believe it or not – temperatures as low as ZERO degrees F, as long as they are covered with the mother’s hair and grouped together (3 or more)in their nest box. The mother does not actually ‘sit’ in the nest like a chicken, only when checking on and feeding the babies.
I spoke with my mom today (Sunday) and she is feeling a little better. She has one more treatment of the heavy chemo regimen and then will start the next regimen which involves 4 treatments total. I told her we are going to celebrate once this is over.

I have had two guitar lessons so far. I was not feeling too hot today, but decided to stay the course and take a nap when I got home. Music is such an interesting art. It is really math that you can hear - sound - when you think about it. I have played the guitar since 1985, but have never had formal lessons. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have taken them along time ago. If you have something like that which you have been putting off, don’t waste anymore time. Go for it!

I’ve been taking some of the 'big boy pills' due to some joint and abdominal pain this week. They do help, but what stinks about taking it is that then you start feeling weird symptoms from the pills. Man, if it isn't one thing, it is something else. Thank God Jesus is my peace.

The wind is really howling outside, so I am going to hit the hay
. Thank goodness for a warm and dry house.

1 Peter 3:8-13
8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;
9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
10 For "He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil."
13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
God Bless and be a blessing. George.

No comments: