Monday, February 12, 2007

Another week ahead . . .

We have been given another week. Seven days to do whatever it is we do. Don't start out the week weak. Start out strong, with determination and purpose, knowing what you do this week matters. You can have an effect on your world - maybe not the whole world, but on your world. This may be the very week that God declared as the week for you to shine like never before.

John the Baptist - his whole life was preparation for God to use him in just a few major areas. He was called to 'prepare the way of the Lord' and he also baptized Jesus Christ. Now how many of us can claim that one?!!!
Moses' entire life led up to him leading an whole Nation of people out of bondage and into the Promised Land- no, I cannot claim that one either.
Rahab the Harlot (prostitute) who hid the two spies in Jericho before that city was destroyed. As a result of her acting in faith to help the two men of God, her whole life and the lives of her family were changed. She became the wife of Salmon - who was an ancestor of King David, who was an ancestor of Jesus Christ! She was probably thinking to herself that morning that there has to be more to this life than what she was experiencing. In the Book of James, he commends Rahab for faith. No - I cannot claim that either.
I could go on and on with Biblical and contemporary examples of people who led ordinary lives but who also were used by God to do extraordinary things. From the President of the U.S.A. to a Grandmother/father raising a grandchild - we can all effect our world in small and great ways for good and for God. Stay focused on the Lord and let Him bring it to pass.

Church was, how shall I say it, Awesome? Not to sound like a broken record, but I wish everyone could have been there. God was moving amongst us doing His work. Many people were set free and many eyes were opened. Afterwards, I could barely keep my eyes open on the way home - it wore me out. I got home and layed down for several hours. I have about a four hour range before I begin running out of fuel, then I have to get horizontal. God is Good.
1 Timothy 1:13-16

13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor
and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted
in ignorance and unbelief.
14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly,
along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:
Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-- of whom I am the worst.
16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me,
the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited
patience as an example for those who would believe on him and
receive eternal life.
Have a wonderful week - a strong, faithfilled week.
George










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Brother,
Happy Valentine's Day!
Thanks for the info for my sister. I called Gary today and left a message for him to call me back. I want a litle more info before I talk to my Brother-in-Law since he is a Medical Dr. Colleen sees her Oncologist today for the first time since the hip biopsy to get the news and his plan for her. She called me last night, and she is afraid. Please pray for her.
I am always praying for you and loving you and Robin.
Have a blessed day.
Big sis,
Margie