Sunday, February 04, 2007

Colts win!!!

Church was Super! Pastor spoke on how Jesus came to give us life – taken from
John 10:10 -
"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” He was only able to get to the first half of the verse - life - he will continue on the "more abundantly" part next week. Fellowship and worship was awesome. I really appreciate my Church family, they have been so faithful to pray with us and encourage us every week. I wish everyone could have a place like that to go to and receive from the Lord. One guy who has been visiting a few weeks asked my wife "is it always like this"? And she
told him most of the time, yes. Thank God for moving in our midst.

Oh, by the way, that is me with the turnips - I am the one on the left - the turnips are on the right (haha).I planted - actually I just went in the back and hand scattered some seeds all over the ground - turnips and also some mustard greens several months ago. I forgot all about them and voila', there they were. I noticed some mole tunnels around the garden area. While checking out the tunnels, I noticed the purple masses bulging out of the ground. That was a very pleasant surprise. Turnips are a plant belonging to the cabbage family, widely cultivated for its large white edible root. Latin name: Brassica rapaa or 'big potato'.
Some people love them - while others cannot stand to smell them being cooked. I can eat them, but do not usually take the time to cook them.

Here is one of the little ones at 26 days old. He is so cute and alert. They are about half-way to leaving mom. If any of you want a bunny, let me know. You can come by and see them. If you have any questions about how much is involved in having one, I can go over that with you too. Just remember, all little cute things grow up - just look at your kids!!! Bunnies are still really cute when full grown - just bigger.

The Colts defeated
the Bears tonight in
Super Bowl 41.

It was raining almost the whole time, there were lots of fumbles and mis-snaps, etc. throughout the game, but the players for the most part handled themselves life professionals. I am glad it is over, now we can move on to a brief period of 'no football'.

I find out tomorrow if the 'spheres' are a go or not from the insurance company. The pain is steadily becoming 'a pain' - get it? So I've been utilizing some meds to help with that. Wish I could wake up tomorrow and find that I have 100% restored health from head to toe - cannot rule that out, but I the odds have been against it so far. I still believe in miracles. Big and small.

Those turnip seeds were so small they looked like saw dust and yet look what grew from that little seed. Jesus said in Matthew 17:20 "...for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Speak to your mountains - by faith - and watch them move.
God bless you this week. Go out and be a blessing.
'Turnip' George

No comments: