Saturday, March 17, 2007

timeline....Part I

2 a.m. - wake up and take a pain pill. Hadn’t needed one in a while, go back to sleep.

6:41 a.m. Robin: “I thought you were going to cook omelets this morning?” Huh? I was dreaming so deep I had to climb out of it to respond. Dog gone it! I slept passed all three of her “snooze cycles” (that I love to hate) and now it is too late to do what I said I was going to do. Then as I moved a little, it hit me – man, somebody needs to find out what ran over me last night! I was hurting like a hit and run victim. I stumbled into the kitchen, said hey to the kids and offered “maybe tomorrow morning” and popped my pills. I made a bee line for the bed and there I lay until about 9 a.m.

7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Went into prayer and intercession for about an hour on and off. It was a good time with the Lord. I did get some relief from the pain, thankfully. Got up and ate a good breakfast, caught up on the news real quick via 1150 am WJBO. Baton Rouge is moving and active. It is Friday.
Fed the animals and sat out on the deck for a bit under a big removable umbrella type cover to keep out of the sun. Thank you Lord, for the little blessings such as this -the air was so fresh and clean.

12:30 p.m. Took a ride with brother in law across town, thinking that I need to ‘get out and about’ a little since it has been 3 days of recovery on the couch. I might have been wrong about that one – then I made my epic error – we ate Chinese on the way home. Why? Did I all of a sudden become stupid? I knew better, but like I have been telling ya’ll since I came home from the hospital, I feel like I am starving half the time. I only ate two (conservative) plates, not loaded, but that was still too much. I suffered horribly from 1 p.m. till around 10 p.m. that night. I did not know which end was up. Not so much in pain, but just miserable. Double miserable. And to think that I did this to myself, when I knew good and well not to.
Did I mention the traffic we encountered? Every single road, including the Interstates, were unbelievably clogged with traffic. That cannot be normal, can it? In the middle of the day? That did not help me either.

6 p.m. My beautiful family arrived home to find me suffering (self inflicted, I confess again). Both the kids brought a friend home to spend the night over. Good, that way I could just ‘hide out’ and they could still have some fun. Later, after they had all eaten at the in laws – stuffed chicken and corn casserole (see what being stupid made me miss?)
They came home and went to praying for me as a group. Isn’t that awesome, your kids and their friends coming in and laying hands on you asking God to heal and to help? Give them more friends like that, Lord.

And then, it happened . . . . .


Raising Eagles said...

What?! what happened?! You can't leave us hangin' like that...are you healed? YES!?! 'cuz that's what I'm expecting to happen!!

Anonymous said...


Is this some type of cliff-hanger? What happened? You need to post this soon. If not your phone is going to start ringing off the hook and all kinds of people are going to be showing up at your house. Come on George, don't be playing all of your loyal blog readers. We deserve to know.
Am I starting to sound like a child or a soap-opera watcher yet?
Anyway I hope that it is good news.
If it is, should it from the mountain. Okay I know we are in Louisiana and we don't have mountains here, so climb up on your father in law's barn and shout it. Inform us brother!!!!

Paul S.