Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A moment to brag . . .

God is so good. When I offend Him, He forgives me. When I am ignorant, He gives light and guides me. When I question Him, He listens and understands my frame that I am but dust. When I cry, He cries with me. And when I rejoice, He rejoices with me.

I, without a doubt, have the best wife around. (Now guys, you may be thinking the same thing about your own wife, so in the interest of peace we will agree to disagree). She reminds me of the Proverbs 31 Woman. Here are a few of the verses that come to mind:

Proverbs 31:10-11
10) A capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman –
who is he that can find her? She is far more
precious than jewels and her value is far above
rubies or pearls.
11) The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently
And relies on and believes in her securely,
So that he has no lack of honest gain or
No need of dishonest spoil.
12) She comforts, encourages, and does him only
Good as long as there is life within her.

I could go on with the following verses. Please read them if you have not in a long time.

And what more could I say about my kids. They are awesome, like their mother! They don’t just put up with their dad, they love him too. Psalm 127:3-5 has something to say about children.

Children are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be
put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

They have indeed been a reward to us both and to their grandparents and other extended family.

I am heading to my Oncologist today to work out a plan for treatment and also go over some pain control issues. Things have gotten better since this passed weekend, but they can be better I am certain. He has told me that radiation treatments can help in the area of pain since it shrinks the offending tumor(s). Hopefully this will be the case. That will “kill to birds with one stone” so to speak.

I have Part Three of "The Tree" finished, I just wanted to boast in the Lord and also about my wife and kids which He has given to me first. I'll post it later today.

George.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...you have an awesome family! Tell your #1 wife to give me a call now that she's out of school!
love ya'll...
Cathy

Anonymous said...

George,
In spite of everything you are going through...it is true... you are a blessed man. Blessed with an awesome God, an awesome wife, awesome children, an awesome extended family... awesome friends, an awesome Body of Christ at HFA and blessed with a future that is assured to BE "IN CHRIST" anyway you look at it!!!
Your brother and friend,
Russell

Anonymous said...

George,
I agree, you have an incredible spouse and awesome children. You are indeed a bless man. They are your support and God gave them to an awesome man. You are an awesome family. Children lead by example which you and Robin has set for your children. I am bless to call you all my friend. Gayle