Sunday, September 02, 2007

sunday....

We had a great day at church...Chi Alpha led the service. The Lord encouraged us with a word from Romans.

Romans 4:18-24 18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." {18 Gen. 15:5} 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead-- since he was about a hundred years old-- and that Sarah's womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22 This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." 23 The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, 24 but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness-- for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

Are we fully persuaded? I felt like the Father was asking, "Do you KNOW in whom you have believed?" Oh Lord, yes. If we truly had this understanding would it revolutionize our Christian walk? Would we be more likely to pray for others believing that God will move on their behalf? Have we sold our faith short because we are not convinced, we are not fully persuaded. Just a thought to challenge us on Sunday.

The only way to be fully persuaded is to dive into the word and learn who the God is that we serve. Feed on His promises that are true throughout the ages and let your faith rise. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a bit of a testimony... Since LAST Sunday my FAITH has been stirred, my praise been LOUDER and my daily 'dive' into the word been REVIVED. As I've praised Him in ALL of my circumstances this past week as well as yours, He has shown me His MERCY and GRACE and most of all His LOVE. He lead me to read the following that I take as confirmation. Psalm 103:1-5, "All that I am, praise the Lord; everything in me, prasie his holy name. My whole being, praise the Lord and do not forget all his kindnesses. He forgives ALL of my sins and HEALS ALL my diseases. He saves my life from the grave and loads me with love and mercy. He satisfies me with good things and makes me young again, like the eagle." Fully Persuaded? YES, Lord, YES!!!!

Love to you both and STANDING with you!!
Andrea H.