Monday, February 27, 2006

Finally ...

The blessing has over taken me about 6 times today. So I am very ecxited to say the least! Otherwise, it has been a day of naps and walking softly. Eating, but not too much. Trying to back off the pain pills to wean myself off of them. I can see how people could easily become addicted to medications if they were not careful. Recovery mode is just another part of the process we have to endure, but I am trying to live life inspite of how I feel or think. Calling on the name of the Lord as my refuge is the only successful option.
Something interesting happened when Robin and I came the Hospital room the first time. I thought the door number marker looked like it said PS11 and she thought is looked like P 511. Both scriptures contain the word 'refuge'. God has been and will continue to be our refuge.
Bedtime, got to go. Love ya'll. GW/RW

4 comments:

agardana said...

Glad to know you are up and moving (in more ways than one). You are the man! Take it slow and easy. Tell everyone hi. By the way, how is Bob?

Anonymous said...

hey GW, so glad to hear you are doing well. We miss you so much at CVT. Just a quick note to tell you we are thinking of you. I will call you later. I am on call tonight so.... take care-you. CAT

Anonymous said...

Give ear to my words, O'Lord, consider my meditation....My voice shall thou hear in the morning, O'Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:1
Indeed "He" has been your "hiding place", indeed "He" has been glorified in the journey you have and still are taking, and indeed "He" gives you what you need when you need it!
His most precious gifts are what His character represents....grace, love, peace, courage, strength, endurance and so much more!
I am so thankful that when we ask him "specifically" for that work to be done in us, He "joyfully" begins and when finished....It is more than we could have ever imagined in our asking!!!!!
Hang on you two!!! The "Father who does not with hold good and precious gifts from His children, will not with hold them from you! Seek "deep" as that is where they are found!
Rejoice!!!!
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Boy! Some folks can leave a nice long message. I tried to message you Sunday before last and it kept telling me it had too many characters (no matter how I chopped it!) Anyway...so glad to hear you're moving around better Lisa at church said you should be getting test results today. We love you George and Robin!!!
--Jack