Monday, February 20, 2006

Thank God for good medication (when you need it)!!!

A little frustrated over the past few days, but it's still one day at a time and even sometimes one breath at a time. Thank God also for a wife who has been standing by her man even when he gets impatient. This is a test which, when properly perceived, can be won even in the midst of pain and fatigue. Maintain your presence of mind by inputting the Word of God frequently.

Dr. Pisters, whom I have not seen since the surgery, came by for a visit. He was on a medical missions trip. That's good to know. The treatment has been great, but you still need someone with you if you have to be in the hospital. Mistakes can be made. Miscommunication can happen at any level. We walked to the food court tonight so I could at least smell some food - which might trigger an appropriate response.

Please continue to pray for Dr. Michael H. for a healing from cancer.
Jill H. too. We work in the same office. She had surgery the day before I did.
John S. from Hosanna 1st Assembly - he recently began suffering a lot of pain with an unknown cause. The Dr.'s thought it may have been the kidneys, exactly what is causing the pain is yet unknown.
Chrstine W. for breast cancer in California.
And of course, I solicite your prayers also.

Don't let mistakes bring you down. Mistakes are like stones - you can trip over them and curse the stones, pick them up and build a wall to be a separation between people who have hurt you, or you can take the stones and build steps so you can see farther.
If God be for us, who can be against us? Love you all. GW/RW

P.S. Hey to Lauren and Bryan, our two wonderful kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you guys!

Steve Vales

Anonymous said...

HELLO YOU GUYS
I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH. I KNOW TIMES THINGS CAN GET FRUSTRATING AND YES YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL LOVING WIFE SUPPORTING YOU ALL THE WAY, PRAISE THE LORD FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL SISTER IN THE LORD. I TRIED SENDING YOU GUYS AN EMAIL YESTERDAY BUT DIDN'T WORK. I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER TO YOUR LIST FOR PRAYER. SCOTT LALA IS AT THE SAME HOSPITAL WITH YOU GUYS. THIS IS MY BOSS DEBBIE LALA'S SON. THEY CAN PROBABLY USE A LITTLE VISIT FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE THE STRENGTH OR IF ROBIN CAN FIND THE TIME. THEY WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT WHAT HE HAS AND MAYBE HE CAN GET ON YOUR PRAYER LIST AS WELL. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THEIR WALK WITH THE LORD. DEBBIE IS A VERY QUIET PERSON AND CAN BE RESERVE. NOT SURE ABOUT SCOTT. LOVE YOU GAYLE

Anonymous said...

OK NOW, I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME SLEEP AT NIGHT GEORGE....BUT SEEMS LIKE THE LORD HAS OTHER PLANS, AND CONTINUES TO ENLARGE MY PRAYER LIFE ON BEHALF OF YOUR SITUATION! IT'S JUST LIKE A NUDGE FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT SAYING "WAKE-UP AND PRAY FOR GEORGE!" IT'S EASY TO ARGUE OTHER WISE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT BUT IN THIS CASE, I WOULDN'T TRY! HOWEVER, IN THE MIDST OF IT ALL, HE IS ALSO DOING A DEEP WORK IN ME! THANKS.
HANG IN THERE BROTHER....
A DAUGHTER OF THE KING!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
Just tried to call Robin, left a message. :>)
John has a stone in his urethra sp? and his right kidney is screaming out in pain.(John's words)He's waiting for the Urologist to come to see if he's going to need a little help with passing this stone. I think I have the answer for that Dr. YES. :>)
Each new day we have new grace and mercy, that is sufficient, for whatever we face that day. I pray that you sense that grace today as you face another day of recouperation. Ps. 138:7,8 "Even if I walk into trouble, You will keep my life safe, or keep me alive. You will put out Your hand against the anger of those who hate me and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will finish the work he started for me. O Lord, Your lovingkindness lasts forever. Do not turn away from the wroks of Your hands." PTL!
Love and Prayers,
Your pew partner and friend,
Eileen :>) xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hear The Prayer We Offer:

Father hear the prayer we offer,
Not for ease that prayer shall be.
But for strength that we may ever
Live our lives courageously.

Not forever in green pastures
Do we ask our way to be.
But the steep and rugged pathway
May we tread rejoicingly

Not forever by still waters
Would we idly quiet stay
But would smite the living foundations
From the rocks along the way.

Be our strength in hours of weakness
In our wanderings be our guide
Through endeavor,failure,danger
Father, be Thou at our side.
Amen

Lord, you said you would be with George,you said you would come to him and "comfort" him in his pain! I am asking out of the debths of my heart, although feeling quite unworthy. Sustain your son, my Lord in this time of his great trials. Only You O'Lord have the power to bestow on him supernatural Joy in this time. Remind him that his pain is Not in vain and many lives are being changed....Give him REST tonight, hold him close to your chest, let him literally smell the presence of your love. Thank you for his wife who can be there by his side....give her PEACE within and remind her of the "future" that is to come.
"One day at a time, one step at a time, one endurance to the pain at a time and soon....the "fruit of the healing will come"!
I Believe!!!
Standing in the gap as He leads....
SH

Anonymous said...

"Perfect love casts out ALL fear!" I pray that you'd find yourself in His embrace, overcome by His perfect love! And nothing would come in the way of your vision of His love for you. I pray that you'd have eyes to see Him embracing you both, covering you, hiding you under His wing, perfectly protecting you and working out healing. I pray that you'd have ears to hear Him say, gently and softly, "Trust me, Robin. Trust me, George. I will never leave you nor forsake you. I am working all things out for My glory. I love you and I will keep you close by my side, if you'll stay by Mine."

I've had this stirring in me for a while now, but felt like now was the time to share it with you. I'm believing with y'all, and pray that today will be another day of rejoicing for us all!!
love you both, Tonja