Friday, March 31, 2006

T G I F ....

Another beautiful day! I am trying to soak in as much of this nice weather as possible since I know summer temperatures are on the way.
My mom and dad headed for home this morning. We had a lot of quality time together.
Bill and Cathy treated us to some good home cooked food last night – thank you – we still have some left over for another meal or two.
We are going to go see the next ‘Ice Age’ movie, which opens tonight since Bryan and I are bachelors. Robin will be speaking at the Women’s Discovery Saturday morning. He and I will have fun.
LSU is playing this weekend and we are looking forward to an exciting game. Did you hear the player they call ‘Big Baby’ during the pep rally? He got on the microphone and started claiming the win in the name of Jesus. Now that was interesting.
Walked so much today – about 45 minutes this morning that my sides are sore. I guess the old abdominal muscles got a good work out. I told Robin I would be in good shape if I can gain nothing but muscle back. That is a possibility but it also means a lot of work. I still have some goals to work towards once this is all over and maintaining a certain level of fitness is one of them.
We leave Sunday early for Houston for another CT, blood work, X-ray and meeting with two Doctors. I’m looking forward to going and getting it over with. Especially the CT. One day at a time like we learned early on.
Cancer vs. the other “C” words – Confidence. I John 5:14 (KJV)“ And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us”. The key words to me are ‘according to his will’. We cannot dictate to the Throne of Grace what is to be or not to be done, but we are allowed to ask just as our children are permitted to ask for things (and they do ask, all of the time) from us their parents. Stay confident in your God who is able to save and deliver.
Please continue to pray for Jill H., Michael H., Christi W. all three recouping from cancer and Austin Barber from Houston who needs a heart/lung transplant.
Have a great weekend and make the most of it. GW

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

Glad to hear you are staying with the Clydes. Donna is so knowledgeable about what foods to eat. You should pick her brain, she's a wealth of knowledge.

I'm praying for you George always. You are family and I love that we can disagree, laugh theologize and all the great stuff that make up a good well rounded life. You and Robin are irreplaceable to our family.

Have a great, encouraging trip to Houston!

CT