Monday, May 01, 2006

Looking for that truck ...

I am still looking for that truck. What truck you say? The one that ran over my face while I was sleeping last night! (haha) Praise God! I've got a great family and friends that give me so many reasons to keep looking up. I definitely feel like I am on chemo today. My eyeballs even feel it. Today I received my first Neupogen shot. Now I have to take Claratin D as a "bone pain" prevention med since bone pain is a major side effect of the Neupogen. The nurse said it may feel like a heart attack around the sternum area, but its just the bone marrow kicking into production, not to worry. And the zits, I did'nt know a body could have so many at one time! All you teenagers with zits, Mr. George is feeling your pain! And whats worse is the temptation to pop them! I have started on some more meds to help with the rash (zits). By 9 a.m. everyday I have taken 5 pills, with 5 more to go over the course of the day. Praise God for remedies that work. We live in great times.
My dad and mom cooked me a steak today - gonna beef up my blood. My dad keeps trying to get me to drink a glass of red wine every day as a blood builder (I can here Carol saying amen). I would if I could, but me and alcohol have never been able to tolerate each other, even in my B.C. days.
How about the rain. Do we need to keep praying for rain or should we say that's enough. Bryan's baseball games were cancelled due to water on the field.
Spring must be in the air. Everyday I walk out onto the deck, something is sitting there breeding. Moths, lizards, birds - and not to mention the 'skinks' fighting in the driveway - I guess they were working out a territory issue. Life will go on, that is for sure.
Speaking of life, check this out ...

BIRTH
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
YOUR LIFE HERE
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
DEATH



Now, you fill in the lines. God is good. Write more later. George

3 comments:

J.M. Seals said...

My blog title is a psalm, Iam a worm.

Sonja said...

THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THAN I

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

Not down to a dungeon deep,
Nor to level of earth, hard by-
But lead, when the storm o'erwhelms, to "The Rock that is Higher Than I"

Up from my sin's dark slime,
Away from the world's mad cry-
To Thee do I come, O Christ!
To "The Rock that is Higher than I"

There will I worship and wait
Redeemed, with the saints on High.
All glory, and honor, and praise
To "The Rock that is Higher Than I."

Hang in there Oh man of the Lord!
Sh

Carole Turner said...

AMEN