Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Nice weather - cold watermelon

I just ate one of the sweetest watermelons of this season (so far). Trying to get in the fruit and vegis everyday isn't too hard if you like what you are eating. The cantelopes have been delicious, too. Have you ever tried fresh carrot juice? Now that is one that surprised me. I didn't expect it to taste as sweet, but it is good tasting and really good for you. You can also add other things and make blends with apples, etc. I do parsley (yes, I did say parsley) with the carrots for an extra nutrient kick. That is breakfast #1, then I'll eat some cantelope or a banana for BF #2, then eggs and toast or eggs and grits for #3 BF. I am still taking the Tarceva chemo pill everyday 1 hour before BF with about 16 oz of water. I take the other pills with the a main meal like eggs. This time/season in my life is like running a business - everything is timed and scheduled. But if you are serious about staying alive and getting well, you had better treat it like a business. We have come too far and been through too much to slack off. We've got to get turbo charged by The Word of God. Psalms 27:1 says,
"The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
the LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
and again in 28:7,
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped:
therefore my heart greatly rejoices;
and with my song will I praise him."
Why does the psalmist write that his heart trusts in the Lord? Because God is trustworthy. I stand here today a living testimony to the trustworthiness of God. He is, has been and will be my strength and my shield, my light and my salvation. Therefore, I do not have to be afraid of what the future holds or does not hold for me and my family. My future is being held in his hands. Fear is natural, that is why so many times in scripture the Lord or angels said " fear not". Whenever those thoughts come across the screen of my mind, I try to remember Who it is that is truly in control of my life. God is not on vacation or dead and He is certainly not asleep.
So do what psalm 27:14 says,
"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,
and he shall strengthen thy heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD."
Be encouraged today that God is in control of your destiny, however great or small. You are a part of His plan. Memorize and meditate on these three scriptures and use them like you would a medicine. It will help you. God bless you and I will see you tomorrow. GW

No comments: