Friday, June 30, 2006

Chemo-soby # 10

Here comes #10 and looking forward to getting another round behind me. Had some pretty severe cramping yesterday and some atypical other stuff both of which passed, thank God.

Last night there was a get together of the school staff for Mr. and Mrs. Varnado. They are leaving to take the Pastorship of a Church full time. We are going to miss them and I know the kids will miss them, too. They have been a blessing to all over the past 6 years. It was also good to see Pastor Don and Eilleen and so many other teachers I don't get to talk to too much. The food was good too - my tongue just does not like 'anyting tat it too spity'. It rebels and causes me grief, but I persevered and finished the meal. Thanks to the Hands for hosting.

I going to visit my parents today following my dad's back surgery. The kids on my son's team also have a Zephyrs baseball game tonight at the Zephyrs stadium in Metairie. I have been to one baseball game in my life when I was 15. It was an Atlanta Braves vs. some other team June 18th,1978. Steve Brye (?) hit a ball and his bat broke - my cousin was the bat boy and he retrieved the two pieces which I later glued together. You cannot even tell it was broken.
They were also giving bats at the gates to all of the kids. It was a smaller version with the date, etc. I still have them both - or should I say my boy has inherited them.
Watered the garden and my fruit trees early today, so it should rain tomorrow. HaHa. The vegis a getting big.
Check out what the Psalmist said in Ps.30 -
2 "O Lord my God, I cried for help, and Thou didst heal me.
3 O Lord, Thou hast brought me up from Sheol;
Thou hast kept me alive , that I should not go down to the pit. ...
5 His favor is for a lifetime: Weeping may last for the night,
but a shout of joy comes in the morning.!!!!

I'll take that any day. That's just another example of God's Word - living and active and sharper than any two edged sword.
Have a blessed weekend and do whatever it was that you have been wanting to do! Don't put it off.
Please remember Mike Montague is prayer, his mother pased away.
GW


No comments: