Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beautiful day ...

Another beautiful day! "This is the day the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it". I am still on the green side of the turf, so you know what I think about that. But for the believer, the other side looks really good, just not yet.
Visited my parents yesterday – my dad walked a full block just to exercise which is fantastic. He still has to take pain meds on and off but there has been improvement over what he was experiencing prior to surgery. Mom is doing well. Her friend who experienced the house fire has moved into a rent house and is still in the process of getting her and her husbands lives back to some kind of normal.
Big boy is still at camp. We received a call from Lynn saying he was doing great – well behaved, helpful and having fun. We miss him around here.
For my oldest the practices have started again, so she is busy.
Robin is gearing up for school and completing her own continuing education.
I am taking care of taking pills on time, drinking enough water, getting enough protein, doing the dishes etc. Too hot outside to do much of anything and I have noticed it seems like the treatments are knocking me down more than they used to since the Dr. up the % of Gemzar. Taking the shots every week might have something to do with it, too. I have had a return of the cramping which comes and goes. It reminds me that I am still in a battle. The Word of God says that the battle is the LORD's - we need to do our part, but ultimately He is our Hero Who saves us. We just need to believe, for all things are possible to him/her who believes.
Movies: The Church has a great resource center with documentaries, movies, tape series and books. I checked out ‘Journey toward Creation’ and ‘The Privileged Planet’. I’ll watch them and give a report later.
World Stage : Israel attacked Lebanon I do not know the full scoop, but that is major. Help us Lord.

God is good - all the time - even when the times get tough.

John 14:27 says,

"Peace I leave with you;
My peace I give to you;
not as the world gives,
do I give you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
nor let it be fearful
."

Needed word from Jesus for troubled times.
Have a great day. GW.

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

I wrote about you on my blog again.