Friday, July 28, 2006

Museum day ...

We decided it would be a day to start real early. And that we did. We ate a good breakfast and headed out to the Museum of Natural History. We saw one IMAX movie, a planetarium presentation, the butterfly building (something to see if you are in the area) and the dinosaur/etc. museum exhibit. The exhibit of the human skin/muscle stuff - cadavers is what it is - in different positions of movement. I felt that was a little weird so we did not see that one. A good time was had by all.
There is a really nice statue of Sam Houston in a circle with some gorgeous landscaping. As we walked up a small bunny rabbit was just sitting there eating by the walkway. Got a good camera video of it but then he ran into the bushes. That was a neat surprise.
We came home around 4 pm so I could lay down a while but the rest of my crew is out playing at the rec room or with Austin next door.
You all have been super. I'll thankyou again for all of the prayer support. He said to "ask, and it shall be given" and also "where two or more are gathered in my name there I am in their midst". We are believing for God to move. I will blog some more later. GW.

5 comments:

Sonja said...

Psalm 93 from "The Message"

God is King, robed and ruling
God is robed and surging with strength.
And yes, the world is firm, immovable, Your throne ever firm-you're Eternal!!!

Sea storms are up, God,
Sea storms wild and roaring,
Sea storms with thunderous breakers.

Stronger than wild sea storms,
Mightier than sea-storm breakers,
Mighty God rules from High Heaven.

What you say goes-it always has.
"Beauty" and "Holy" mark your palace rule,
God, to the very end of time!!!

"I will praise you in the storms, I will lift my hands because you are who you are........where does my help come from, my help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and the earth!!!!

Sing George and Robin, shout unto the Lord a song, let it come from within all the days long...

We love you!!!!

Wil, Sonja and Jonah (the energizer still prayes for uncle George EVERY night)

Anonymous said...

George,

Kerry and I want you and Robin to know we are praying for you and believing with you!

The Wilkerson

Anonymous said...

hey george,

got your blog address now, just read all of this week, man i can only imagine(isn't that a song) how you must feel, the thoughts the feelings, everything, well just remember that God is greater than anything we can concieve and put it all in His hands and He will make the way. I know that the ups and downs of this very trying, but just know that you have friends and family that love you, support you and pray for you. The mother of one of my friends once told me "where there is life there is hope". Keep up the faith.

love,

paul

Carole Turner said...

George, we went to that museum for a Lord Of The Rings Exibit. It was sooo cool! The butterfuly thing is amazing.

I love the bunny thing! It's like God was giving you a neat little hug with an unexpected little creature.

Dean and I want to help ya'll. Does the house need cleaned? This was Dean's idea. He said the other day "how much have we been helped and especially boy RObin and George? Call them and see if their house needs cleaned, I will help." So, seriously, let us know and we can be over there tomorrow to clean it.

Like you said, "you have not because you ask not" so please let us help where ever needed.

Anonymous said...

Hi George & Robin, Thinking of you today a lot and wanted you to know that I am continuing to pray for you. I'm teaching the Adult Sunday School Class and you guys are on the prayer list there as well. I'm still believeing the Father for a full remission.
If you guys need anything, I am happy to help.