Monday, August 14, 2006

1st PET scan tomorrow ...

Check out this dragon fly - I nicknamed him the "ant killer" - I have a picture of him poised on this same twig with a large winged ant in his mouth. I even saw him chasing it around prior to catching it. The cats love to stalk dragon flies around in the yard - pouncing but never catching them. It is cute to watch. They are all programmed the same.
Tomorrow is my first PET scan – scheduled for 12 noon. It should be interesting. It is very similar to a CT but I don’t have to drink a bunch of happy juice (contrast).
Today is the first day of the second week of school and the oldest is having to hit the books hard already. Advanced math is a challenge, but she knows that the road to College is paved by preparation and planning. Get the hard stuff under your belt now and College will not seem so tough.
Today was another beautiful day. Two of my brother’s kids came by to visit today. They are 16 and 20 (I think I have the ages right). We had a good time.
I picked another bag of okra – this stuff just does not stop! Also some more eggplant and one squash. Of course I ate it tonight. We have started cutting and freezing bags of okra for winter use. If you are into gardening, it is about time to start the fall garden.
I am reading in Thessalonians now. Great book(s). 1 Thess. 5:16-18 says. “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Have you ever had someone say they don’t know what God’s will is for their life? There it is in black and white. And that is just one example among many of direct quotes of “this is God’s will for you”. Sure, there are some details that the scripture does not cover such as where to work or who to marry, but that is where faith in God and the leading of the Spirit comes in. If all the details were laid out and easy then it would take no faith at all. God also says in the Word - Proverbs 3:6, “In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” – read the whole chapter and get blessed.
This weeks prayer is – Lord, I acknowledge You in everything I do this week whether at home or work, make my paths straight for Your glory.
More after my PET scan on Tuesday. George.

4 comments:

Cajun Tiger said...

Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment. You have been in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

George...
Saved you some okra recipes out of the paper.
Praying and standing with ya'll...
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hey, George:
Which of your many house and yard pets are you going to have scanned?

Anonymous said...

George, I am reading 1st Thes.!! I started it cuz' I was doing some research for the church, Dino is doing a "don't mess with Thes" series soon. (A very Dino title huh?) and honsetly I started out thinking there wasn't a whole lot in there. Yes, blasphemous I know but I am just being honest. Man, was I wrong,1 Thes. is all marked up now in my bible!! My favs are 1 thes 4:11 & 12. no, I haven't mastered these AT ALL but "I aint dead yet" :-).Also, 5:8, 11, 14 & 15 but like you said, 16 - 24 really jumped out at me.. "Be joyful ALWAYS; pray CONTINUALLY; give thanks in ALL circumstances, FOR THIS IS GODS WILL for you in Christ Jesus"! And for me 21 & 22 really really hit home.."Test everything HOLD ON TO THE GOOD, avoid every kind of evil".Finally 5:24 .."the one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."

Good stuff, good stuff.