Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Gearing up ...

Getting ready to get to those appts. tomrrow and Thurs. Cut a little more grass while it was breezy and overcast - it looked like it was going to rain again.
You know what is freaky? When you eat a bowl of cereal and it tastes like it is supposed to taste.
I am looking forward to getting all things back to normal some time in the near future.
Tonight is orientation for Bryan. He is pumped about going back to school. I can remember getting the supplies and clothes and the hair cut all in prep. for the new school year. It is a wonderful thing to see your children excited about learning, growing up, meeting new and old friends. Not everyone has that privilege. We are blessed in these here united States.
How about your boy Castro - seems he ain't invincible after all - I still pray for God to get a hold on his heart before he dies. Cuba is going to be in a precarious position with Castro's brother running things. Anyway ...

Psalm62:1-2, 8

1 "Truly my soul silently waits for God;
from Him comes my salvation.

2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.

8 Trust in Him at all times, you people;
pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

I'll be here later. GW.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel safe and enjoy each other on the trip to Houston, George and Bill.
Blessings and peace be with you.
Russell

Anonymous said...

Hey George,

it was good seeing you Sunday morning! I like the new Stone Cold Steve Austin look on you! Keep us in your prayers at SLU, I'm still waiting for God to open the door to my living place (literally), but He's reminding me I gotta trust Him!

For King & Kingdom,
Zechariah

Anonymous said...

Little Brother,

Loved what Andrea just did with the scrpture above. How lovely. It comforted me! (Thanks Andrea). All I get this morning, George, over and over, is "Be Still and Know That I Am God". I've tried to move beyond that verse and it is as if I have cement shoes (not something we Italians like to think about - but anyway - you get the picture) I can't move on - I just keep hearing that might refrain over and over - so that's where I'll camp today.

I love you and Robin so much.

Margie

Anonymous said...

Little Brother,

Loved what Andrea just did with the scrpture above. How lovely. It comforted me! (Thanks Andrea). All I get this morning, George, over and over, is "Be Still and Know That I Am God". I've tried to move beyond that verse and it is as if I have cement shoes (not something we Italians like to think about - but anyway - you get the picture) I can't move on - I just keep hearing that might refrain over and over - so that's where I'll camp today.

I love you and Robin so much.

Margie

Anonymous said...

Margie, George must have needed to hear your message twice!!!Ha! Love you sister!

Hey George! Enjoy the ride, rest, meditate on the "BEST of the BEST", His word ofcourse!

Lord, Heal this precious brother of ours in Your precious Name! We are asking according to your Word and so we EXPECT according to your PROMISES! I love you "daddy" and know you do not withhold "good" to your children!!!! Amen

A prayer for you brother!

SH

Ron said...

Go Ahead George! Get'n all political!!

School is always exciting...At First!!;)