Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Hard part ...

This morning's service went really good. We saw many people we have not seen in years. They wanted to be a part of the process and it was great to have them with us during the recording. Now comes the hard part: which songs will be on the CD and which ones will not. Can I tell you, I'm glad that is not my job. How do you choose? They were all so good. May the Lord be the guide.
Another rainy day in Central. We were invited to eat at my brother-in-law's in-laws for their daughter's belated birthday party. Got it? Fried catfish and bass along with hush puppies and coleslaw. I ate just enough. It was delish. We always enjoy their company when together.
My parents are planning on coming in tomorrow afternoon and we are looking forward to their arrival.
I think I have decided to deny treatment until I can get a port put in since my arm vein is still looking rough from last weeks treatment. I don't know how well that will go over with my Dr. , however. Robin was kind of "iffy" about it since treatment has already started. We will see.
I can tell that I am on chemo again - not giving in to side effects, it's just the medicine doing what it is supposed to do. When you feel the things I am feeling, it means that something is working.
I am trying to stay disciplined and maintain my overt and intentional reliance on Jesus and the Word - regardless of how I feel. That applies to everyday living. Do you go to work when you don't feel like it? You probably do. Do you go the extra mile when you don't feel like it? You probably do. Whatever we do, we must do by faith, for 'without faith', the scriptures say, 'it is impossible to please God' (Hebrews 11:6). The neat thing about that verse is that it is followed by a list of those who went before us, trusted God, and saw miracles happen.
By faith, this is going to be a good week.
By faith, you are going to have a good week.
In Jesus Name.
GW

3 comments:

agardana said...

Goerge, we talked about Job this weekend. We've all heard the messages on Job and we all need to be reminded every so often that it's easy to praise the Lord on the mountain but what are we going to do in the valley, but his weekend something hit me. God KNEW Job would withstand the trial. God KNEW Job would not curse Him, question Him, or turn his back on Him. But most importantly, God KNEW that on the other side of the valley Job would KNOW God more. Job got a new revelation of who God is and developed a deeper relationship with God. I wonder what God knows about me? Could God allow satan more access to my life and trust me to stay faithful. I picture God thinking, when the devil left to go after Job's stuff, devil you don't even know what you are doing because this will only bring Job closer to me....jokes on you! That's how I believe God feels right this minute when He thinks of you and Robin, jokes on the devil because you are effecting the kingdom through the fire! No matter what our circumstances seem, the TRUTH is in God's promises. We are the head and not the tail! No weapon formed against us shall prosper! The steps of a righteous man or ordered by God. Facts may be facts but the TRUTH is the TRUTH. Sling that sword George.

agardana said...

Sorry for misspelling your name.

Robin said...

Thank you for that word stacie. And as for the spelling, that is the Norwegian version. GW