Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day ...


Was this a beautiful day or what? I thought I woke up in Colorado or some place like that - it was so cool I opened several windows. I slept later than expected, but I didn't have anything waking me up during the night. The big "D" has left the building as of yesterday, thank God, and I had a normal 'you know what' today. My tongue/throat are uncomfortable, but swallowing is much better. The little things in life - yeah.

Today, the Turners and Gardanas came over for some grillin'. Don't let the picture fool you>, Tony did all the work. This is just a photo op for me. We didn't know what condition I was going to be in, but it all worked out. Chicken, burgers and pork chops, baked beans, etc. Smelled so good. I tried to eat, but it took me close to an hour to get some beans and chicken pieces down, so I settled for a couple of bowls of cold, homemade icecream in the end. Much easier - no chewing required.
Now I feel the feet and fingers numbness thing - that is another side effect. It's not bad at all compared to last week. But just like in the picture, you notice how we look for/seek out the shady areas on hot days? In the same way, we need to seek the shelter and shadow of the Almighty, especially when life's trials get too hot. It is not always easy, but He is faithful to us even when we are weak and don't have all the right words to say in prayer. He provides it to all who believe in and seek Him.
I hope you all had a great Labor Day as well.
Praise be to God, from Whom all blessings flow.
George

No comments: