Thursday, October 05, 2006

Beautiful sunrise .....

What a beautiful sunrise this morning. The giant Orange Orb in the sky quietly rises in the East, burning the fog off of the pond's still surface. It also helps to clear the fog of the mind –yesterday is gone - along with its challenges - and I have been given the gift of another day. The question in my mind is, “what am I going to do with it?” For all of us, there are certain things that have to be done today – work, kids, school, clean the kitchen, etc... – but what about the "in between time", the extra time?

"First things first”: I must align my mind with the Word of God
, “being renewed in the spirit of your mind…Ephesians 4:23. Then as I approach the day, I have the confidence that the Lord will be guiding me, for He also says, “thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path..” Psalm 119:105. And if any challenges or questions arise, Jesus said, “ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock and the door shall be opened to youMatthew 7:7.

Man, if that don’t preach you happy, you need to go and get yourself another cup of java! The Word is full of scriptures that will make your day, every day – you just have to put in. Remember a while back, I wrote about FIDO. Faith in, doubt out. It’s not how much faith you have, but how much doubt. The more you input the Word, the less room for doubting God’s ability to do what He said He would do in you, through you and for you. Fill the glass full to the top with water and watch how there is no more room for air. Keep filling it and it will overflow. Lord, fill us to over flowing!

I have to decide if I want to start cycle 3 this Friday (tomorrow) or Monday of next week. Based upon my symptoms, I am undecided. I could most certainly wait till Monday, since my tongue still has not returned to normal, and I am back and forth with the big D and the big C. So I am going to pray for direction about this. The sooner you start, the sooner it will be over is one way of looking at it. I can remember as a young kid getting a spanking, I soon realized that if I would just take it instead of running from it, it would soon be over and I could go back out and play. "Grin and bear it", so to speak. This is much more serious, but the same principle applies. We will see.

In closing, we have seen one of the greatest witnesses of the love and forgiveness of God in our day through the tragic deaths of the Amish children. The brothers that were interviewed were quick to give God the Glory and to qoute Jesus' words, "if you don't forgive, you cannot be forgiven" Matthew 6:14 & 15. We could have come up with a slick "Christian" advertising campaign about how God is into forgiveness and that would have been nice, but what we are seeing is the real deal friend. The rubber met the proverbial road in this situation and these brothers and sisters in Christ are living it out. I am so thankful for their witness. Our Nation needs Jesus now more than ever and this is a message for our times. May God be with those who lost children to this horrible event.
Until later, George.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Amen George to the Last part of your blog. It must truly "grieve" our heavenly Father for such acts of violence against His own children....so innocent. It breaks my heart for the family's involved.
In the mist of such horror is indeed a Rock that stands Higher...One day He will come and in that day He will wipe it all away! The more I hear about stuff like that the sooner I wish He would come!

Anyways...hang in there and I hope you have an awesome day tomorrow!

Sonja