Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's SUNDAY !

We are on shouting ground today! At least that is the way I am feeling in my head. Sunrise was gorgeous, the temperature is cool and the air is clean, clear and fresh. I had the dog, cats and bunnies fed and watered by 6:30 am. All I need is some chickens to feed and pigs to slop (just kidding!!! Really).
Late yesterday the port site began to really speak to me - if you know what I mean. It was hurting. I wanted to tough it out, but something I learned at M.D. Anderson was that you heal quicker when you are not in pain. So, I kind of had that imaginary 'threshold' (remind me to tell you the origin of the word threshold) in my head - "if it gets to this point, I'll take something". It got to that point and I did. I slept about 2 hours and then woke up relaxed and relatively pain free - and then had a very pleasant and quiet time in prayer and meditation with the Lord just lying in the bed for several hours. I like those "unplanned" times with the LORD. Here are some scriptures that come to mind:

Psalm 4:3-5
3 the LORD will hear when I call unto him. 4 Stand in awe, and sin not:
commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
"But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself


Psalm 63:5-7 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. 7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

To top it off, I got an encouraging word from a friend (email) which confirmed the place I was presently positioned spiritually. I got so pumped I had to calm myself down. I try not to get to emotional about spiritual stuff, people might start thinking I am a fanatic or something. (just kidding).


The cats are still sleeping in the hallway. We found if they were in the little cage, they were very agitated. But if allowed to stay in the hall they are okay unless they have to use the potty. Which, by the way, Tippy did last night. He is a smart one, he let us know what he thinks of the little cage - "that evil cramped cage which delivered he and Blacky up the to House of Pain (the Vets office) to surgically remove my manhood". He plopped a pile right in the back of the cage. Robin discovered this and was thankful he didn't use the hall floor. Amen to that. We still are giving them pain meds twice daily. They are moving around just fine, but they still are not 100%. Their fur has really gotten long - I am wondering if one of the parents was or has some Persian genetics.

LSU beat Tennessee - thank goodness !!! I would still be in a rejoicing mood - but a win sure does help! That should help our ranking.

Here is one more scripture related to sleeping that my kids like to quote - you know how it was when you were a kid - every little noise was amplified and scary and the fear was real.


Proverbs 3:23-26
23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid:
yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.
26 For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

We can use the Word of God just like any other tool. God said it, we just need to remind ourselves what He said. I know I have been quoting it alot lately with all the stuff coming at me and my family. Thank God for those men and women who gave their lives so I could read the Scriptures in my own language. Amen.

Vote this coming Tuesday, and again please consider voting YES for Amendment #8 for Central to be able to have its own school district.
Time to get ready for Church. We love ya'll. GW




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Georgie,
We have been out of town for a few days. Glad you got some relief and had some special time with the Lord. Hmmmm soooo gooood! Geaux Tigers!!! Love you, my friend.
Russell

Anonymous said...

Isn't it humbling to know HE chooses to use the most seemingly "unuseless" (my NEW word) vessells to speak forth HIS words of encouragement???!!!
What an awesome DADDY we serve!!! And like Pastor Don said this morning HE lights up when He sees us!! Now that's the DADDY I know!!

SH