Thursday, November 23, 2006

Update on Dad . . .

For those of you who do not know, my Dad, Mike, had a heart attack today with a subsequent heart cath (angiogram) during which two stents were placed in the affected arteries. This was discovered by a blood test which detects a certain chemical your heart muscle puts out when it is in distress. He complained of no pain - his only symptom was shortness of breath. Thankfully, his doctor took quick action. After the heart cath, he was doing well and talking his head off according to my mother. He is being kept in the ICU for observation until tomorrow. Mom is doing well. Thank you for your prayer support.
The Hosanna ladies basketball lost (just barely) to Ascension Catholic by one or two points - but they played their hearts out. It was an nail biter, edge of your seat type of game.
I am still wearing my V.A.C. device and it is working very well. I still have the red cord on the right side of my neck where the port line ran under the skin. It is very red, swollen and tender. If it does not improve by this Friday, I will have to let one of my doctors take a look at it.
Psalm 91:1-2
1 He that dwells in the secret place of the Most high
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge
and my fortress, my God; in Him will I trust.
That is a good Word. . .
I need to hit the sack - more tomorow. George

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Georege, just checked my emails from Houston (Wil's Sister), we are here for Thanksgiving...anyways it's thankgiving day and we will be praying for your dad! wow! When it rains it pours huh??? Glad to have read the update though and that he is doing better!
We will say an extra prayer for you guys today!
Hope you enjoy the day with family and know that you certainly have LOADS to be thankful for.
Keep us updated! Say Hi to Robin and Kids and have a wonderful DAY!!!

The Howells