Monday, December 11, 2006

Last week . . .

This is the kids last week of school before the Christmas holidays. I am looking forward to the company. Hopefully, we can do some fun stuff.
We want to go see the movie "Nativity". Several people have seen it and they report that it is really good. Mel Gibson's movie "Apocolipto" has been reported as really bloody. That seems to be Mel's style. But the movie does end in a good way I was told.
The weather is wonderful! Cool and breezy.
I finally bred one of my rabbits. The brown doe, which is a San Juan breed, was bred Sunday evening with the New Zealand White buck. We should have babies in 28 to 31 days.
A friend of mine, Paul S., sent me a really good word with a modern twist.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The road to success is not straight.

There is a curve called Failure,
A loop called Confusion,
speed bumps called Friends,
red lights called Enemies,
caution lights called Family.
You will have flats called Jobs.

But, if you have a spare called Determination,
an engine called Perseverance,
insurance called Faith,
a driver called Jesus,
you will make it to a place called Success.

This a good one to remember.
George.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

George,
When I read the verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" on your last blog - the word "THROUGH" jumped out at me in a new way this morning.
God often has me stop and camp out at just one word. Like he showed me the importance of the word TOGETHER in the verse "All things word together . . ." Remember!

So today I'm praying for a better understanding of the word THROUGH as it is used in that verse. I think you are supposed to join me in this quest. Let me know what God tells you.

God did not say - "I can do all things WITH CHRIST'S HELP - He said I can do all things THROUGH Christ.
I am praying that God will show me how to truly do all things THROUGH Christ. I bet a life lived THROUGH Christ is a lot different that a life lived WITH Christ. What do you think?
Love you a whole lot, brother
Margie