Thursday, January 25, 2007

Some people....

Some people are more afraid of living than they are of dying. For the Christian, death is the beginning of eternal life with Christ. Sure, dying is not something they look forward to, but living is even a worse fear. "I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if I can do it. What if I fail? What if I succeed?" What if, if, if. Both offer us the idea of the unknown, but to some, dying appears to be easier in their minds.
Some people are more comfortable with their affliction than with the idea of actually being healed. I remember a friend in College who was deaf. We were both attending a meeting which was being led by a man from South America who had a track record of being used by God in healing people who were deaf. This was not the only reason he came to speak to us, but it was a nice extra to know that God had used him in this gifting in the past. We communicated this fact to my friend and asked her if she wanted to go up for a healing. Believe it or not, she refused to be prayed for. What? I was so confused. But I could tell by the look on her face that I needed to back off and try to be understanding. Another friend shared with me later that our friend had been deaf her whole life – all of her friends, her family relationships, etc. were based around her deafness - that is all she knew – and for that aspect of her life to change was scary to her. So that is why she did not want to be prayed for. I learned something new that day.

We are supposed to get some sun today – hopefully! I feel like I have been living in England – or Seattle.

Spoke with my mom yesterday. She is still dealing with extreme fatigue, but no pain. She has only four treatments remaining. What I have heard from other women is that Taxotere is not as hard on your body as the first drug. Hopefully this will be true with mom. Dad had to have his first toe, toe nail removed on both feet due to ingrown nail problems. At first he said it was nothing to it – then the nerves “woke up” around day 4 or 5 post-op. Now it is giving him fits. He's going to make it. Aunt Eva is steady taking care of both of them, bless her heart.

I am going to post another bunny pic later on today after the sun comes up. Until then, here’s a good one to remember.

1 John 5:11-14
11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God
so that you may know that you have eternal life.
14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God:
that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

George.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read something that really gripped me yesterday...it was about a fellow who had an aneursym burst and had one of those death experiences...He said he was in line approaching heaven's gates and Jesus was at the entrance. As each person approached He asked them one question..."Did you learn to love?" Not how many demons you cast out or how many sermons you preached...just a simple "Did you learn to love?"He said some were able to answer "yes"...but one ,though a Christian...was able to only say,"I loved You...but that's about all." She was able to enter heaven but with nothing to lay at Jesus' feet.
This really convicted me...And put things in perspective... "Oh,Jesus! Teach us to love! Give us Your heart for others! Open our eyes to what's really important to You!"

God bless...
Cathy