Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why ?

I don’t know whether to be angry or sad or both. This shooting at Virginia Tech is unbelievable. Thirty-three people are dead, and for what reason? I am sure some excuse will be revealed by the news media eventually, but what could possibly justify this rampage? A broken relationship? Mad at the world because of a lost job, poor grades or what? The question in my mind is, “where was God”? I can tell you where he was not, He was certainly not in the heart of the killer. He was, however, present in the hearts of those teachers who put themselves in harms way, giving their students time to jump out of windows in order to escape being shot. Jesus said it Himself in John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends”. This was not God’s fault; it was a selfish choice that some confused, poor soul made. Those who attempted to help others also made a choice, a selfless one, putting the interests of others before their own. I pray that we will all learn something from this tragedy, like how precious life is.

We had a late night baseball game last night – got in at 10:15 pm. Bryan’s team lost 11 to 3. It was an eye opener for the boys. Bryan did have several good plays and a good hit.
Rocky the squirrel is still eating good and sleeping like a log.
Yesterday, the doctor was so backed up that I decided to reschedule after waiting for an hour. I did get my blood work done and told them to call me if I was down and needed a shot. No call, so I guess that is good.

God is in control, regardless of what is going on in us or around us. Storms will arise, accidents will happen, tragedies will occur, but through it all He has promised to be with us. He is our peace.
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends
all understanding, will guard your hearts
and your minds in Christ Jesus.
George

No comments: