Saturday, June 23, 2007

Church get together . . .

We had an awesome time this afternoon. The Hands were kind enough to host the get together at there home. The fellowship was sweet and so was the time in prayer. I told Robin I could have sat in that chair all night. The love and peace of God was so thick in the room – so much so that I could have just dozed off to sleep. We were honored to be honored by our Church family which has done so much for us over the past year and a half, joining with us in this battle of body, soul and spirit. I feel blessed and safe knowing that had something happened to me earlier when this all started, that my wife and kids would have been covered by such a wonderful family at Hosanna.

Garden Talk: I picked 16.5 lbs. of tomatoes (both slicers and cherry, yellow and red), banana peppers and bell peppers and eggplant. It didn’t take very long though. I also cut a little grass around the house – only a few minutes worth – Robin will not let me do much more than that. I won’t let myself do much more than that, I just had a little burst of energy so I acted on it while I had it. The Chickens are beautiful, fat and happy as are the bunnies, cats and our dog. Oh, yeah, the 500 pounder pumpkin patch has a couple of big ones weighing in right now at around 20 to 25 lbs. each I would guess. We are still holding out hope on that dream – a 500 pounder!

Sports: Lauren’s team won 2 out of 3 and Bryan’s team won 2 out of two.

God is so good.
George

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey George,
Wish I could have been at the picnic to see you guys and spend time in your presence (since obviously the annointing is just spilling out!!!)
I had a wedding to set up for...it was beautiful I must say!
I am happy to hear you are feeling better and getting more energy! Sure would love some eggplant etc...I'll buy!

Sonja

Anonymous said...

George, great to see you out there in the garden! Glory!

Try out www.joelstockstill.com

His wife was recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and he has had surgery recently, so he decided to set up a site. I pray it will bless you!

Keny Henry was a Bethany this week. What a blessing! Whenever I see him it always reminds of the sweet times at Hosanna!

Blessings to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry, I forgot to sign my entry, that was from Kim and Doug

Anonymous said...

George,
Danny and I were out of town this weekend. Wish we could've joined you, your family, and our church family for the gathering. We're glad you were blessed.
Praying for you,
Danny and Judith

Sonja said...

Hi George. Last night I went to Greenwell Springs Baptist and listened to Mark's testimony...It was touching. I didn't recognize him from all the weigth he had lost.
I thought of you and I leaned over to my friend and said "George needs to be behing a pulpit too, sharing his testimony" Your time is coming! So many people were blessed to hear Mark's stand in the Lord and I know hearing you they would be blessed too. Many would come to the "Saving knowledge of God's Grace."
If the message is "Burning inside you George spill it!"

Hey, we can get flyers made and post them EVERYWHERE and invite the city of Baton Rouge!!! All things are possible! Ok, I'll stop but when I pray for you that is what I see!!!!

Anyhow, Have a blessed week with that strong and blessed wife and kids of yours and SMILE lots for you are "more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus!" His promises are YES and AMEN!

Still in PUSH mode.
(Praising Until Something Happens)

Sonja

Anonymous said...

Hi,George and Robin...
Can't tell you how much we've been enjoying the veggies! I even tried an eggplant casserole tonight...it was quite tasty.
We love ya'll...
Cathy and Bill