Sunday, June 10, 2007

We made a mad dash for New Orleans Friday afternoon to see my brother’s oldest son, my nephew Oliver, who is also my Godson. I believe I was known as his ‘Paran’ (spelling anyone?) when he was little. Well. He ain’t little no more – he done moved up to Kentucky on his own and is getting married this November. He came down for his 5th year High School Reunion. A lot of people were in line to spend time with him, so I knew we needed to get down to N.O. and get in the front of the line in order to get a peak at him and his fiancĂ©. There was one other thing too, my other nephew, my brother’s youngest son, was also having a big deal this weekend – his 18th birthday! (Happy B-day Carey). Now who do you think was going to lose out on that one? Their middle child (their only daughter), Natalie was also in from Alabama, ‘the University of’, that is……uhhmm, for the weekend. So, we had ourselves a decent family reunion of sorts, regardless of misplaced loyalties, etc. (just kidding ya’ll).
Afterwards we stayed the night at mom and dad’s house and had a serious supper – I am surprised that none of you all could smell it over in B.R. Where shall I begin? How about fresh picked eggplant, which was used in an eggplant/shrimp dressing/casserole, fresh picked green beans seasoned down with the usual goodies, corn bread (no, I have yet to get me a corn milling machine to make my own corn bread or grits, oh, but Lord willing, that is coming), fresh and some store bought tomatoes, since my ‘slicers’ have yet to mature/ripen in sufficient enough quantities. Of course, we washed it all down with some iced tea. We held off on the fresh corn on the cob – that was brought up for them to eat here after we are gone since I have a bunch to be picked in the next coming weeks. Now, did that make you think of what you want for dinner after church this Sunday? Hope so – just stick to the good stuff and it will stick with you and you will do just fine!
Thankfully, my crew likes to help in the garden (mostly moma), or I don’t know what I would do. Sonja and Gayle went Blue Berry picking early Saturday and Sonja brought some of the biggest and tastiest BB’s you have ever sunk your teeth into – yep – big enough to sink several of your teeth into – they are that big and juicey! And to think, it’s right down Greewellsprings road folks, you can pick as many as you can afford (or stand up long enough to pick). She and Wil eat really healthy and have since I have known them, so they include all of those goodies like BB’s in their diet.

Sunday morning we headed back to BR early to attend Worship at Hosanna. It was awesome, the part that I was there for. They had a baby dedication first - I remember those days for us! They were all so cute. A little later, I had to excuse myself twice unfortunately (and yet fortunately) - if you know what I mean - and I was so fatigued as a result I decided to stay out in the foyer falling in and out of sleep - until service was over - on one of the pews along the walls. Bill Icenogle kept an eye on me though, so I was in good hands. Thanks to my Hosanna family for all of the prayer while I was there today - I am covered with lots of love and prayer from you all which is very special to me an means alot to me.

Got home and have been sleeping most of the day since. Had some pretty tough breakthrough pain for a few hours this afternoon, so I decided to switch out patches a day early, which I now know a lot of people are doing to get better coverage - we learn as we go - thanks alot to Ruth K. (RN) and Kirk N. (Pharm).

The Lord is so good to us in so many ways. I have latched onto Psalm 27 along with my bride Robin – man that is a meaty Psalm to meditate on. I believe I would like to see if I can memorize that one before too long. Here is the 1st, 13th and 14th verses, you read the rest in between:
Psalm 27
1)The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?
the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

13)I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.

14) Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen
thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

I pray for us all that we will be aware of God's presence in our lives - working and moving throughout our daily activities. Not just awareness of His power - but awareness of God Almighty Himself and His great love for us. And may we then turn and share that same loving presence with those around us we come in contact with each day.

Amen friends !

P.S. Judith, thanks for sharing about your friend Gabby and her recent death (to life) in your comments under the last post. That was a blessing.

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

It's 11:22am, I am ready for lunch and you made it worse with that food discription!!! Sound fantastic!

I posted about you again on my blog.

We need to get together again, maybe with the Gardana's and Crawfords like last time? When/if your up to it let me know.