Sunday, October 19, 2008

trusting God...

Friday I was editing March of '06 for the book. WOW!!! I am realizing more and more that even this process of rereading and editing is God's way of ministering healing to my heart. As I was reading one of the posts I was brought back immediately to the place we were two and half years ago and a flood of emotion consumed me. George's last line of that particular post was, the anchor holds. All I could do through my tears is say yes George the anchor does hold. God has held me and the kids and George's and my family for the past year. The bible says that God is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Yes Lord oh yes you are close and your lovingkindness is better than life.

I am in the process of memorizing Psalm 34, if anyone wants to join me jump on board. I have made it through verse 8 so far. God's word is becoming life to my bones. I want to know Him more and more. Be blessed my friends and remember, THE ANCHOR HOLDS!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Robin...
I just wanted to thank you again for your friendship.
The smell of sweet heaven seems to always be in my spirit and one day my eyes and ears will behold the very presence of that anchor!
I read Psalm 34 and I am on board with you sister. In this time when rejection seems to be prevelant and the tendancy to PLEASE man (or self) instead of God is active...this passage is fitting for my spirit to take hold of!
Especially...verse 11 "COME, my children, LISTEN to me; I will TEACH you the fear of the Lord"
I will continue to lift you and your precious family (George's side too) as you continue to serve the Lord obediantly and with love.
You, and your family (papa Bob) are special to us!

Sonja h.