Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hawk attack ...

How do I explain this one? There I was, minding my own business, following the Doctor's orders to walk everyday and ... BAM! I, the hunter, became the hunted. Well, not actually hunted, but almost. No kidding. My hawks, which I speak so fondly of, were sitting high in their tree next to each other speaking in hawk language. As soon as I passed by a maple which was blocking my direct view of them, one flew towards the woods and the other took off from its perch, visually zeroed in on me - and flew directly at me. I stood there in disbelief thinking, 'is he coming at me?" He flew within 3 feet of my head and then landed above me in the aforementioned maple tree continuing to scream. I was both shocked and pleased. This is a first in my lifetime. Apparently there must be something in the nest worth protecting now and he viewed me as a threat. I was just wondering if he was aware that I am on his side. It was impressive staring into his eyes as he glided towards me. I'm just glad the talons never came out. Anyway ....
A/C is out again. This thing is going to have me as a trained A/C man before it is all over with. Thankfully, tonight is supposed to be 52 F. Yeah! Enjoy the cool while it lasts.

Tomorrow is chemo day. I will know following blood work whether I can take my Gemzar I.V. or not. I have been feeling pretty good so hopefully everything will be a go.
Talk to alot of out of town family this week and they are all doing well.

When in doubt, get the Word out. Proverbs 11:3 says," the integrity of the upright shall guide them." When the daily hassles and problems come, fire back with the Word of God. Even the soldiers in the "Green Zone" over in Iraq receive mortor rounds inside the supposed safe zone. So should we expect a trouble free existence? The integrity of the upright shall guide them - integrity is defined as " 1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code. 2 Soundness. 3. Completeness: unity." It comes from the Latin word integer, which is where we get our mathmatical word integer - a whole number 1,2,3 or -1,-2,-3 .... We are made whole in Christ. You are whole in Christ, not 1/4 or 1/3 but 100%.
Have a great Friday. God Bless. GW



No comments: