Monday, October 30, 2006

Clear skies...

No clouds today, and yet the water was running across Greenwell Springs road near Flannery? The river is cresting from all of the previous rain. That is scary. You think it is over and then here it comes!
Everyone made it through Homecoming in one piece and even made it to Church. Pastor Don has been preaching on Trusting God. The Church needed to hear today's message. It was good, get the CD if you missed it.
The Saints lost. I saw a few minutes of the game. Too bad.
My mother-in-law cooked an awesome lunch - roast, rice & gravy with steamed vegis. I could taste most of it, still not normal but better than usual. I had to make myself stop eating. That's the only problem, when I can taste, I get this inability to stop eating - to a point. Thank God for those meals I can enjoy. It will all come back in time.
It appears that I am going to have to have the port removed tomorrow (Monday) if at all possible. The area is tender and beginning to get a little red with drainage. We are praying for no infection - at all. We don't need or want any complications. So I will be at the Dr.'s office bright and early.
My mother's surgery is also scheduled Monday sometime before noon. We are praying for the best job this Dr. has ever done or could be done.
God has been so good to us in th midst of all of this. We can do nothing but thank and praise Him. "God is our refuge, a very present help in trouble". (Psalm 46:1).
I am going to hit the bed, it's 1:52 a.m. Thanks for the encouragement and prayer.
George.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi George,
Hope all went well with both your port removal and your Mom's surgery today. I pray that you had no infection!! So sorry to hear about your Mom's current battle but having met her and knowing you, she'll be victorious!! I think looking to the Lord and a positive attitude runs in the family. :>)
We're trusting and believing God with you all the way!!! Our God is a Covenant God! Ex. 34:10 NAS "Then God said, Behold I am going to make a covenant. Before all your people I will perform miracles which have not been produced in all the earth nor among any of the nations; and all the people among whom you live will see the working of the Lord, for it is a fearful thing that I am going to perform with you."
It was good seeing you all in church on Sunday. You all are missed when you're not there.
Love and Prayers,
Maw-Maw Eileen xoxo