Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Glad that's over ...

Well, I have been officially "deported" as of noon yesterday. One of my surgeons that I work for did the procedure. He left it open style so as to heal from the inside out. That will involve more hands on attention and care from me/us. Thanks to my father in law for the ride there and back and for taking care of my "stuff". I got home and it took probably 4 hours for me to get to where I could walk or think semi-straight. I ate some steamed vegis, angel hair pasta and two boiled egg whites. It hit the spot after 18 hours with no food. Now we wait and see and trust God.
Mom had to stay over night folowing her procedure for observation. We don't have the full story, but she is doing well enough to take care of herself at the Hospital. She ran my dad and her sister off from her room back to mom's house for the night. We continue to pray for a quick recovery.
I do not know what I would do without Jesus in times like these. What do people do? Where do they turn to or to what do they turn to? He is our refuge in the storm. And in addition, He gives us the ability to enjoy life better than we otherwise would be able to. Psalm 103 tells us to not forget all of His benefits. Amen.
More to say later, just wanted to post a quick update --- 5:25 am.
George

2 comments:

Carole Turner said...

george, Glad "Granny Patsy" is doing good, I will continue to pray for her recovery. And you my friend, take care of yourself and that "port hole". Will you just do oral meds now or what? I pray for complete healing, a great, great testimony and another 40 years AT LEAST!! I mean really, what would the golden years be like without George? Imagine us all old! Sometimes Dean and I do that, He said he's gonna be that old cranky man that tells kids to pull his finger! I picture you walking around a garden, with a cane, pointing out all your vegies, wearing a hat.
Give your family love for me.

Anonymous said...

"...For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17: 20

Hi,
I've read and prayed this verse a thousand times, but today I realized that perhaps I've been praying it in the wrong context. Often I want God to "remove" my mountains. I want God to remedy my situation quickly and painlessly to whatever my "ideal" is within that situation. The verse doesn't say that if we pray for the removal of a mountain, that it will be removed. It simply says that if we pray with faith for the mountain to be moved from here to there, it will be moved. I'm realizing more and more in my life that God wants me to be challenged by mountains. He uses these mountains-- these unmistakable, stop-you-in-your-track mountains -- to get our attention, to turn our focus upon Him, to grow us. Often when challenged with these daunting mountains, I’ve plunged ahead in my own strength becoming weary and disheartened very quickly -- the result being a weakened faith because faith wasn't exercise. However, I now realize that if I pray for God to "move" these mountains, He will.

Well, what's the difference between moving them vs. removing them? When the mountain is removed, it is no longer visible. As we move forward along the journey of life our path may be straight, but we've lost that magnificent mountain range view! When the mountain is simply moved, it is still there. We can still see that challenge from any angle. However, our path has suddenly become easier in the sense that the path has become straight and smoother. We still have to make the journey ahead, but our view has changed, so has our focus, and so has the result. Our view becomes a valley, not a peak. Our focus has become God, not our struggle. The result is a strong, “physically-fit” faith, because it’s been exercised. Even after the mountain is behind us and we've made it passed; it is still on the horizon. We can look back and remember the challenges through which God has brought us. We can still see their majestic beauty and know just how much God loves us.

Perhaps, you've never misinterpreted this passage I've I have done. You seem soooo strong in your faith and Bible knowledge. But, I hope this word will be encouraging to you and your mother today as you face your mountains. And, of course, how could I forget the last line? "Nothing will be impossible for you." – Those are Jesus’s words, not mine…

Take care, and God bless…