Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cut grass . . .

Where do I start. I guess at the beginning. I awoke to another beautiful day. Saw everyone off to school - kind of. Got up and downed the usual, went back to bed. Some would ask why, as I now ask myself, and the answer is that it is 12:20 pm and I am blogging - the rest of the family are tucked away and have been for two hours. So, there is my justification for sleeping past sun-up on most days.
I did do few things outside earlier. I cleaned around the Blueberry bushes and then headed to the back to check on the fig trees. Well, not such good news in the back 40. Almost all of the fig trees are dead either in total or in part. I don't know what did it. There were no signs of 'Borers', which can occasionally do some damage. I don't know, but will see if I can figure it out. The other fig trees around the property were not effected so extensively.
Then I had about a 5 hour set back. Again, do not know why one minute I am feeling pretty good and then like Emeril says "BAM", I take a down turn. So I popped the ususal and laid around until about 5 pm. I missed Church and also my daughters track meet. Then I started getting this second wind, went outside and believe it or not, cranked up the push mower and cut some grass for about 20 minutes while the sun was going down. No, I did not over do it, but I felt like I finally did something constructive (ladies, it's a man thing). It does look much neater around the front. I showered and then started getting supper ready for the troops who came home after the track meet. You guessed it - we ate smelts again , just like last night.
I am a little flustered right now. I have a stack of writings and poems from over the years which were lost when the computer crashed. Luckily, a little foresight told me to print several copies and stash them around the house a few years ago. That came in handy. One problem, I cannot find the folder which contains them. I have one I was going to post tonight, but I will have to do that tomorrow. Hopefully I can find it.

This was my morning meditation scripture. A well known one, but one I visit often.
Jeremiah 29:11-14
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. {14 Or will restore your fortunes}.

Continue to have a great week. Be a blessing.
George.

No comments: