Friday, March 23, 2007

Farmer Brown . . .

Farmer Brown . . .



Farmer brown came by. Thanks to Wil, a brother from Church, his tractor and my father in law, I now have a total of 1,400 feet of 4 ft. wide rows between the three different plots in the back. I could increase the total length by cutting it to 3 foot wide rows, you just have to have the right tractor implements. It was a pretty good day, just did not know it was going to rain the night before.
The Lord was good to me and allowed me to complete, in part, what I have been dreaming of having since 1990. I started a little garden in the backyard of our first home (900 sq. feet, 3 bedrooms and 1 bath) on Bellewood Ave. That was Lauren’s first home, too. I carried my wife up those steps in her wedding dress and also my first born up those same steps….., then Bryan was born while we were at the next home on Linda Circle, just a few blocks East of our first home. But both of the kids remember most our home on Graham Drive. That is where they did most of their growing up. . .
Now, back to the garden. I had always wanted more room to spread out and have a large garden with a variety of plants growing year round. Over the years, I had finally resolved myself to the fact that it would have to wait until the kids were out of the nest or just forget about the whole ‘big garden’ thing and be content with a little 8’ X 20’ plot in my neighborhood backyard. Not too soon after I had relinquished this thing to the Lord, I received a phone call from the in-laws about a piece of property out in Central that they were going to possibly buy. Well, the rest is history and here we are. This is the first year since we have been here that I have been able to do anything like this. Hopefully, by the grace of God and family help, we can have a productive garden for all to enjoy. I do plan on being as “organic” as possible, which means no pesticides or artificial fertilizers, but that remains to be seen how closely I will be able to follow that philosophy.
You know what is really funny about all of this? My mom and dad had a garden all during my childhood. I really did not like pulling weeds and picking the grass out of the rows after they were tilled, but I did like eating the fresh produce. Now, both my brother and I are avid gardeners. Isn’t it funny how things come back around - good job mom and dad.
The Prom is this Saturday and boy are the girls running around with all of the various preparations. We are praying it will be a wonderful time to make some great memories with all of their friends.
News Alert: I just heard on the radio that Iran has captured a Naval vessel, I believe it was British, and “kidnapped” the service people (British and American) on board. This does not look too good. We need to be praying for a quick and peaceful resolution to this, because Iran does not want America to “open up a can” of retaliation, I can promise you that – especially for the sake of their innocent citizenry.
"Help our leaders make the right decision, Lord".
I hope you have a good weekend and are able to get everything done that you have been wanting to get done. Hope to see you in Church this Sunday. God bless and go and be a blessing.


1 John 1:5-10
5 This is the message we have heard from him and
declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in
the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have
fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son,
purifies us from all {7 Or every} sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves
and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will
forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him
out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you, George, that you had a dream come true with the work of Wil and your father-n-law today.
I can't wait to come see those long rows of dirt full of plants loaded with fruits and vegetables in the coming year(s). Cool beans(and other stuff).
Russell