Saturday, March 24, 2007

sleepless in Central...

3 a.m.
This was a busy day. I finally found all of the seeds and plants I needed to get the garden rolling. I had to shop Cleggs, Lowes and Home Depot to get everything. The challenge is to not go crazy and 'over buy' just because you see a ‘new and improved’ plant. I also finished 9 container plantings of flowers for the deck. Shopping and planting those pots did me in for a while, but they sure are pretty. I had to take a break for a few hours.

I remember something Dodie Osteen (Joel Osteen’s mother) said in her book “Healed of Cancer”. She would deny herself a nap during the day unless she just could not avoid it. So, I have been' denying myself' a nap the past 3 days, since I have been having trouble sleeping at night. I can usually get a few hours straight, but not the old 6 or 7 hours straight. Could it be that I am getting old? Is 42 old? I do lie down on the couch or get in my ‘position’ (sit at a table, lean forward on a pillow or towel and let my stomach kind of ‘hang’) throughout the day to re-charge, which helps. I find that my persistent stomach discomfort is not relieved with or without rest, so I might as well be doing something. I think the ‘staying busy’ idea helps keep the mind off of those other things.

Well, I said all of that to say that I collapsed into my bed at 11:40 pm Friday night – I was slap worn out, so tired I did not think I was going to be able to go to sleep. Ever been that tired? I was out in 5 minutes. Ha ha. Then, I woke up at 12:45 am – without looking at the clock, I rolled over thinking it was 6 am and time to get up! What? I’ve only been out for 1 hour? I felt so rested that I could not believe it. So, I laid there tossing, turning, praying, thinking for about 2 hours – then decided to get up and blog and eat a bowl of cereal. I am listening to the Hosanna CD ‘Surrendered’ while typing. That is an awesome CD – and to think we have that kind of talent every Sunday at Hosanna! Awesome.

One comment about the Worship at Hosanna: We had a friend who has been attending for a few weeks. He used to be a member over 10 years ago. He asked Robin, “is the worship service always like this? She commented, “pretty much, yeah”. That is what I like to hear. Praise God.

I have some friends from N.O. coming in to visit this Sunday - they are going to attend services with me - that is going to be a treat. We are looking for God to move. I guess we may go out following Church and get something to eat.

Tonight is Prom, so I am going to (try) get some sleep.
'Va ya con Dios'. (Go with God).

G e o r g e

No comments: