Wednesday, November 28, 2007

busy week...

Well this week has started our pretty busy. An away basketball game, church and a tournament this weekend. At least the tournament is at home. No traveling. Today has been a rather lonely day. I just have a sense of loneliness. Only God can help me with that. I have reminded myself several times that the Holy Spirit lives in me and is as close as the mention of His name. And fortunately, He has helped me through. So many times we want to lean on the arm of the flesh and try to find a person to fill the spots in our lives that God so desires to fill. And many times if we look to Him, He will send people to help us out. That is so much better than us trying to seek out things in the flesh to fill the void. Shopping, eating, and many other activities can fill the time but it doesn't fill the void. Only God can come in and be everything for us. A friend that sticks closer than a brother, an ever present help in time of trouble, a refuge, a shelter, a hiding place, a father to the fatherless, a husband to the widow, so many things He is able to be if we will let him. Thanks for listening, I pray in some way these thoughts minister. Be blessed.

Robin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very wise and true counsel. Thanks. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Thanks for the word and thanks for being open to your feelings with all of us. My heart goes out to you and your children. This can be a lonely time but as you stated the Lord is as close as the mention of His name. I am praying for you and Thursday was my day to pray. I wake up thikning of you and the family. The other day I heard a song that was played at George's service and I thought about him. Sitting at the feet of Jesus worshipping Him. I know George is having a blast but we all still miss him very much. You are love my friend by many friends and family. I love reading your blog. Love you Gayle