Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving...

Well we are in the middle of basketball. Tomorrow will finish the tournaments for a while. We will be having Thanksgiving Dinner with my parents and George's mom and dad are coming in to celebrate it with us.

Although life can take a drastic change and we can find ourselves in the midst of unbelieveable circumstances if we cast our cares on the Lord he can sustain us. I have daily lived the provision of that promise. There is a comfort in the Lord that sustains. Also when we look to the things in our lives that we are thankful for it keeps tradgedy in perspective. I am so thankful for my kids, my extended family, my job at Hosanna, my students, the roof over my head, my church, my pastor and his wife, the body at Hosanna First Assembly, my friends, my salvation, eternal life, forgiveness of sin, health, knowing Jesus as a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Thanksgiving---we must be quick to GIVE THANKS it keeps us mindful of God's provision.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...Don't eat too much enjoy your families.

Robin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, Lauren & Bryan
I am praying for you guys to have a wonderful holiday together with friends and family. I pray that the Lord will fill your emptiness with His goodness and mercy. I am thankful to have such a wonderful family in my life. We are so excited about having you guys join our baseball team. Spoke to the coach on Sunday and he is also excited to me you, Bryan and Lauren. We have work to do with him and his wife. They are so sweet and I know the Lord has a plan for their lives so with you, Paul and I we can win them over. Love you all Gayle

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Praying for you all...give Patsy a hug from me...she's been especially on my heart.
Thank you for being such an example of how to "trust" in the midst of such trying circumstances. Know we love ya'll and that you're daily in our prayers. Get some rest this week! Come see me if you get a minute. We got a new Basset hound puppy Bryan needs to see!
We love ya'll...
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Robin,
You don't know me, but I've been praying for you and your family for months. We have a mutual dear friend, Kayla J. We grew up together in N. LA. Your blog has given me so much hope and inspiration to stay vigilant praying for a miracle for my brother who was diagnosed with brain cancer Oct. 1st of this year. Reading yours and George's blog has helped me to process and truly trust the Lord in such an uncertain situation. I wish I would have known George, but in a way I do. And one day I'll meet him! Just wanted you to know that this life of your husband's had and still has far reaching and eternal effects on many lives.
Love,
Carole